With Fyle, you can create custom expense policies for your employees and the policy violation is detected in realtime.
View your organization's expense policies under Settings --> POLICIES.
CREATE A POLICY
As an Admin, you can create your own company's expense policies using our policy engine. To create a policy
- Click on the +NEW POLICY button
2. Add policy description & policy conditions in the policy form. You can add one or more conditions as required by the policy. The policy will only apply to users who satisfy all the conditions added. Various conditions, based on which you can create expense policies are
User Properties: Based on employee information i.e. Department, Level, Title(Designation) or Specific people
Expense Properties: Based on expense fields i.e. Project, Expense category or Mark receipt as mandatory
Amount limits: Based on Amount limit type, Amount Limit & Option to convert to other currencies(in case there is a difference between the currency of spend and the currency in which the policy is set)
3. There are other conditions also that can be added to policies and these will be enabled only if the appropriate expense category is selected. The conditions are for following expenses
- Mileage: Percentage allowable edit in distance.
- Train & Flight Expenses: Travel class not allowed to travel
4. Once all the expense policy conditions have been defined, select at least one of the below policy actions that needs to be triggered in case of violation :
- Flag Expense: Flag the expense when a policy is violated.
- Cap to amount limit: Cap the claimed amount when the amount exceeds the reimbursable amount set
- Popup on Violation: Display a popup on the screen, when a policy is violated
- Critical Policy Violation: Disallow employees from adding the expense to a Report
- Disable System Approvers: Do not send this expense to default approver of employee
- Set Approvers: Add another approver
Once all the conditions have been set, click on the SAVE button to create the policy.
Use the toggle button against a policy to disable. All policies, including system policies, can be disabled.
System Policies: System policies are created by the Fyle team upon request and cannot be edited by an admin.
Policies created by admins are displayed with the name of the admin in the ADDED BY column.
Watch how realtime policy violation detection works in the video below