The finance admin can still send back an approved expense when changes are required. When a report is sent back, it moves into Inquiry state and it has to be re-submitted by the user after rectification. The report once again is submitted for approval to the approvers, following the approval hierarchy.
To reject/send back a report:
- Navigate to 'Reports->Verify'
- Open the approved report
- Click on the down arrow next to Move to payment queue.
- Click on the Send Back option from the list of options that pop down.
- You are required to enter a reason for sending the report back.
- The employee/user would receive an email notification about the report being sent back along with the reason as stated by you.
- Send Back also changes the status of a report to Inquiry from Submitted.