An entire report does not have to be sent back due to issues in a single expense. Fyle allows you to perform actions on a single expense or a set of expenses within a single report.
Actions that can be taken on a single expense in a report
There are various actions that can be taken on a single expense using the various action buttons seen under each expense in the report.
- View - View the expense in detail
- Edit - Edit the expense. You will be asked for an explanation for editing the expense. The explanation will be notified to the Fyler as an email notification.
- Flag - Flag the expense. You will be asked for an explanation for flagging the expense.
- Verify - Verify the expense. This will move the state of the expense to 'Verified'.
- Remove - Remove the expense from the report in order to ahead and process the rest of the report. Removal of expense sends an email notification to the Fyler along with a link to the expense removed and reason for removal.
- Open Expense in new tab - You can click on the icon(encircled in the above picture) in the top right corner of the expense to open the expense in another tab.
Actions that can be taken on a multiple expenses in a report
There are various actions that can be taken on multiple expenses at a time within the report. Select all the expenses you wish to take an action on. An action bar will appear on the top.
- Flag - Flag all the selected expenses. You will have to provide one common reason for flagging these expenses. This reason will be be shown in the comments section of each expense.
- Verify - Verify all the selected expenses at once. This will move the state of all these expenses to 'Verified'.
- Bills Received - Click on this to mark that the bills for these selected expenses have been received by you.
- Change Amount - Change the total amount of these selected expenses. This will automatically cap or raise the individual amounts of the expenses such that the change in the total amount is adjusted proportionately with the original amounts of the expenses.
- Remove - Remove all the selected expenses from the report.
- More Actions - Here, you can add a common comment to all the selected expenses which will be shown in the comments section of each of the selected expenses.
Note:- Some actions like Bills Received and Change Amount can be taken on single expenses as well although these actions don't appear under each expense. Just select the expense on which you wish to take the above actions. The action bar will show up on top. Go ahead and take the required action.