Adding expense categories and sub-categories used in your organisation helps you collate data in an orderly manner. Fyle comes with a set of default categories. In case they fall short of your requirement, you can add your own custom ones too. How cool is that!
To view the list of categories:
- Login to your Fyle account.
- Goto Settings.
- Click on the Categories tab.
Add a New Category
If a category being used by your company is not already present in the category list, you can add it yourself.
To add a new category:
- Click on ADD CATEGORY.
- Enter the new category name
- Click on SAVE.
The entered category will start appearing as drop-down while adding an expense:
Add Expense Codes to the Category
You can also add Expense Codes corresponding to the codes in your organisation's accounting system to the expense categories in Fyle:
Add a Sub-Category
To add a sub-category to an existing category :
- Click on the ADD SUBCATEGORY button.
- Enter the sub-category name.
- Click on SAVE.
Upload Categories in Bulk
Should you have a long list of new expense categories that you'd like to add, and fear adding them one by one would turn out to be a herculean task - fret not. The BULK ADD/UPDATE option is here to save you.
To get started with this option:
- Click on BULK ADD/UPDATE.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE button to gain access to the sample sheet that needs to be imported.
3. Fill in all the details of each category in this sample sheet or create one from scratch following a similar format.
Once the sheet is filled with all the necessary information related to the categories to be uploaded, go back to the same window (as shown below). Drag and drop the sheet here, and voila - all the categories are in the system as you'd like them!