Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite, primarily being an email application. Any expense/receipt in your Outlook email can now be Fyled using the Fyle Add-in for Outlook.
- Fyle Add-in for Outlook lets you create, edit or delete an expense from your Outlook email.
- Key information from the digital receipt in your email will be automatically extracted using our AI-powered Extraction engine in a single click.
How to install the Fyle Add-in?
- In your Outlook, open the email in which the receipt you wish to Fyle is present.
- Now click on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the email.
- Select the Get Add-ins option at the bottom of the list that pops up on clicking the 3 dots. A modal opens up.
- Search for ‘Fyle’ in the modal.
- Click on the Add button to add the Fyle Add-in. Now the Add-in will be added to your account and will be pinned on top of all emails for easy use.
- Alternatively, you may also get the Fyle Add-in from https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-gb/ by searching for ‘Fyle’.
Prerequisite to use the Add-in in Safari Browser
If your browser is Safari, please follow the following steps in order for the Add-in to work correctly.
- Select Preferences under the Safari menu on the top left corner of the screen.
- In Preferences, go to the Privacy tab and Disable ‘Prevent cross-site tracking’.
How to use the Fyle Add-in to Fyle receipts?
- Open the email in which the receipt to be Fyled is present. Click on the Fyle Add-in on top of the email. In case the icon doesn’t appear on top of the email, please click on the 3 dots on top of the email, and select the Fyle Add-in from the bottom of the list that pops up.
- After clicking on the add-in, a sidebar pops up on the right side of the email. If you’re not already logged into Fyle, click on Log In! in the window.
- On clicking Log In!, you will be redirected to the Fyle login page.
- Enter your credentials there, and you will be redirected back to Outlook after you’re authenticated.
- In case you’ve already logged in to Fyle, clicking on the Fyle Add-in on top of the email will proceed by automatically extracting the key information from the receipt and auto-filling the expense form on the right side.
- Key information like Amount, currency, Date of Spend, Merchant & Category is automatically extracted from the receipt within a couple of seconds using our AI-powered Extraction Engine. Verify the extracted information. Edit any field if required and fill in other mandatory fields (if any). Once this is done, click on the FYLE IT! button to Fyle this Expense to your Fyle Account.
- Click on the VIEW IN APP button to view the Fyled expense in your Fyle App.
- You can also track, edit and manage this expense like any other Expense from the Expenses tab.
How to use the Fyle Add-in to Edit Fyled receipts?
- The Fyle Add-in also allows you to Edit a Fyled Expense from Outlook.
- Click on the Pencil Icon on the top right corner of the Fyled receipt to edit the expense in the same window. Click on Save after editing the expense.
How to use the Fyle Add-in to Delete Fyled receipts?
- The Fyle Add-in also allows you to Delete a Fyled Expense from Outlook.
- Click on the Delete icon on the top left corner of the Fyled receipt to delete the Fyled Expense. The deletion will also be reflected in your Fyle App.
- Currently, the Fyle Add-in for Outlook is supported only for Office 365 Cloud accounts and not for the on-premise accounts.
- The Add-in is supported on browser for Mac and Windows both. However, if your browser is Safari, follow the steps in the Prerequisite to use the Add-in in Safari Browser section of this article.