This version is effective until 26th November, 2020. For the latest version, click here
We may collect and process the following information that specifically identifies an individual or is linked to information that identifies a specific individual (“Personal Information”).
1. Information you provide to Us
● Subscription Information: When you sign-up with Us as a subscriber, we will collect certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”), including: - Name - Email address - Contact number - Industry you belong to - Location details when you enable the “mileage claim” feature - Travel details & preferences - Details of service providers you engaged with - Images of your expense statements, or any other image if you include it in any media content that you upload while using our Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Content”).
● Payment Information: Our Services offer subscription plans including but not limited to Team Plan, Company Plan, and Custom Plan to help you manage your expenses. If you make a purchase via the Site you may be, providing your Personal Information to us to process your subscription plans including payment information (such as credit card number and/or debit card number) and valid contact number.
● Other Information: We also collect voluntarily provided Personal Information, which may include reviews, delivery instructions, subscriptions, referrals, or any other actions performed within the Fyle App.
● Websites and Forms: We collect Personal Information such as name, e-mail address, company name and website URL, company details, location and contact information when you register for any of Our events or programs, including seminars or webinars through a registration form on Our website, visit Our publicly accessible community forums and blogs or submit any forms on Our website(s).
2. Information We collect from other sources:
● We may also collect / receive your Personal Information from other sources in the following manner: - Fyle’s business partners through which you create or access your Fyle account, such as payment providers, social media services, expense management services, or apps or websites who use Fyle’s APIs or whose APIs Fyle uses - Partner accounting companies - Publicly available sources - Marketing service providers - Email addons
● Fyle may also collect and store location information, device information, the browser you use to connect to our Service, date and time you accessed the service, transaction information or any other information collected by its business partners, which is required for carrying out Services. Fyle may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession for providing Services.
● We collect navigational information about what website pages you access or visit, your device’s Internet Protocol “IP” address, information about your mobile device (such as operating system of your mobile device or browser type), the URLs of websites that referred you to us, non-precise geographic location, technical information about your device, system and app software and peripherals, date and time stamps and other metadata concerning your User Content associated with your usage of our Services, system configuration information and messages and phone numbers and email addresses when you choose to reach out to us via these communication channels including but not limited to phone, email and chatbot services.
Your Personal Information and files including their backups are stored on Fyle’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to Us. Your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders because We have servers located in the United States of America and India, and the companies we hire to help us run our business may be located in different countries around the world. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and when your Personal Information is processed outside EEA, We will ensure that the recipient of your Personal Information offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Information as approved by the European Commission (Article 46 General Data Privacy Regulation, 2016), or We will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
● We use the information for the following purposes: - To provide you functionality with the extension/plug-ins and Services - To analyse trends for how the Services and the Site/App are used; - To improve the Services and the Site/App; - To help personalize your experience of the Services and the Site/App; - To provide one-click expense tracking Services; - To process or facilitate payments for Services; - To enable features that allow you to share information with other people within your team - To contact you in connection with your Services; - To perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends; - To personalize the content and features you see when you visit our website or download the App; - To respond to your questions and assist with problems with our Services; - To assist you when you contact our customer support services, including a) Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person, b) Investigate and address your concerns, c) Monitor and improve our customer support responses; - For product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our Services, develop new features and products; - For processing an online job application you have applied for.
● We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
● Aggregate information is also collected for statistical purposes. Fyle may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of uses of different features of the Services, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
● Fyle may use the information collected to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events but in no manner whatsoever will Fyle use Users’ data for these communications.
If you are a data subject from the European Economic Area, Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which We collect it. We will normally collect Personal Information from you only where it is needed to perform a contract with you, where the processing is in Our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or where We have your consent. In some cases, We may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If We process your Personal Information with reliance on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Fyle. You may also opt-out of receiving emails and other messages from Fyle by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional messages or information about your account.
● We may also share your Personal Information for the purposes including but not limited to the below: - When you agreed to the sharing - If you are a business customer and agreed to receive Fyle marketing communications. Note that we do not share Personal Information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing. - When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process. - When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our apps or websites against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Fyle, our customers and users, or the public. - If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell Fyle’s websites, apps, or business units, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases, your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
● We display personal testimonials of customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
● Further, you agree that Fyle may transfer the anonymous information we collect in the event of any corporate restructuring or any sale, assignment, or transfer of substantially all of its rights in the Apps.
● We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information except in accordance with this Policy. We do not share any information that directly identifies you with any third party, except in the following limited cases: - As required to comply with applicable law or regulation, or to comply with law enforcement; - To respond to claims and/or legal process; - To protect our rights or our property, or to enforce our Terms of Service; - To help ensure the safety of the public or an individual; - To prevent behaviour that is (or that we think may be) illegal or unethical; - With your consent, or at your request or direction; or - As otherwise set forth in this Policy.
● Some elements on the Site, such as any sponsored links advertising, are supplied to us by third parties under contract. We may supply some of your Personal Information to those third parties including complying with google API Services: User Data policy available at: https://developers.google.com/terms/api-services-user-data-policy, so that they can provide those elements for display. To remove the content, you have shared on the Site or our Apps, you may use the same features (available on the Site/ Apps) to do so. In case you have any query regarding removal and/ deletion of such contact you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● You can choose to provide explicit consent to connect your email accounts with your Fyle Account. Once connected, the File Website/ App will securely access and analyse the relevant contents related to the Services provided by Fyle. We encourage you to review your Personal Information prior to signing in through the applicable service. Fyle does not under any circumstances store your email messages, email messages headers, message bodies, or attachments. Fyle only accesses your email account for scanning purposes and displays information immediately as it is returned. Fyle requests read-only access to your email account and will not attempt to alter or modify your email account or email messages in any way except as otherwise agreed by you through additional consent to write permission in your account with respect to the services from Fyle you are opting.
● You can choose to enable us to access one or more of your email accounts by connecting such account(s) with your Fyle account. If you connect your email account, the FyleSite/App will automatically access and analyse the contents of emails, from a small list of whitelisted senders that comprise of third parties providing you services, in your email account(s) on an ongoing basis for the purpose of identifying documents related to the applicable Services availed by you, may contain recent account statements, transactions, or linked services. Once linked, the applicable information will then be extracted from your emails into your Fyle account so that you may access the same through the Fyle Site/App on mobile and desktop.
● Fyle’s access to the email account/s is authorized through the email provider’s access mechanism. This information will be used to enable the Fyle Site/App to automatically access the applicable and relevant information to analyse, extract, and store information securely from such accounts for use in the Fyle Site/App.
● You will be asked in each case whether you want to connect your email account.You are free to de-link your email connection with Fyle at any time. You may manage your connections to email and de-link the same at any time from the Site/App.For example, Google Mail’s permission settings are located at: myaccount.google.com/permissions. A user de-link the access to their email any time they wish at this URL.
● Google user data is accessed using the officially supported Google APIs. Specifically the following scopes are used: email, profile, openid, gmail.readonly. These scopes are required for the operation of Fyle with Gmail accounts. Google user data is used as mentioned above. The only Google user data that is stored is the email address and basic profile information for accounts that are explicitly connected to Fyle, as mentioned above. No Google user data is under any circumstance shared to any third party.
Fyle retains the Personal Information collected where an ongoing legitimate business requires retention of such Personal Information. In the absence of a need to retain your Personal Information as specified herein, We will either delete or aggregate your Personal Information or, if this is not possible then We will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We recognize the importance of children's safety and privacy. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. Fyle is very sensitive to privacy issues regarding children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information, he or she should write to us at your email@example.com.
Your Personal Information is extremely important to us. Your information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel have access to. Promotional and referral codes are random alphanumeric sequences that are encrypted. In addition to our precautions, it is important that you do not share your password with anyone. Although we try our best to protect your information, we cannot eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Fyle does not have a mechanism in place for responding to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms used to limit collection of information for use in Online Behavioural Advertising. There currently is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Therefore, like many websites and online services, the Services do not alter their practices when they receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Right to be informed: You are entitled to know whether we hold your Personal Information and the purpose your Personal Information is processed for.
Right of access: You are entitled to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, together with an explanation of the categories of Personal Information being processed, the purposes of such processing, and the details of third parties to whom the Personal Information may have been disclosed to.
Right to rectification: You are entitled to correct / update your Personal Information available with us.
Right to erasure: You are entitled to get your Personal Information erased from Our customer relationship management (CRM) databases. Please note that we need to retain certain Personal Information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Right to data portability: You are entitled to obtain and reuse your Personal Information. You can either obtain the Personal Information from us or, in turn, provide it to a third party (if you so wish), or ask us to transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party.
Right to object / restrict processing or both: You have a right to object / restrict the processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances, including where the Personal Information is inaccurate (for the period during which we are verifying the Personal Information), the Personal Information is no longer required in light of the purpose of processing, or in connection with direct marketing (you can prevent / discontinue marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information), or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in the emails we send you.
In the above cases, we will retain minimum Personal Information to note that you opted out from being contacted again. For the exercise of any of the above-mentioned rights, please write to us at your firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Service(s) are intended for use by enterprises. Where the Services are made available to you through a subscriber, that enterprise is the Controller of your Personal Information. Your data privacy questions and requests should be submitted to the subscriber in its capacity as your Controller. If you are an individual who interacts with a subscriber using Our Services, then you will be directed to contact Our subscriber for assistance with any requests or questions relating to your Personal Information. We are not responsible for subscribers’ privacy or security practices which may be different from this Notice. Subscribers to Our Services are solely responsible for establishing policies for and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations, relating to the collection of Personal Information in connection with the use of Our Services by End Users. We collect information under the direction of Our subscribers, and have no direct relationship with individuals whose personal information We process in connection with Our subscriber’s use of Our Service(s). With the exception of Personal Information collected when you register for an account to access or utilize Our Service(s) and other information We collect in connection with your registration or authentication into Our Service(s), this Notice does not apply in connection with access and use of Our Service(s). The security and privacy practices, including how We protect, collect, and use electronic data, text, messages, communications or other materials submitted to and stored within the Service(s) by you, are detailed in and governed by Our Terms or such other applicable agreement between the subscriber and Us relating to the access to and the use of such Services.