Did you know that making enough money to finance a business is the most prominent fear entrepreneurs face?
A recent article by Forbes lists the most common fears entrepreneurs associated with running a business. Without financial support, small business owners and entrepreneurs risk falling behind on payments and operating expenses. Hence, this makes for an obvious worry for all small business owners and entrepreneurs.
To help ease out these financial constraints, most small businesses and start-ups are now opting for business credit cards. They offer higher credit limits and reward programs which are available only on these cards.
Business credit cards are the go-to solution for easily accessible funds.
With the multitudes of options available in the market today, choosing the right card may get difficult. It is essential that you pick a credit card that not only meets your business needs but also brings along with it a host of benefits. In this article, we take you through some of the best business credit cards that can help your business scale.
What are the best business credit cards right for small businesses and startups?
Business credit cards aid long-term financial goals. They are a great financial tool that can fulfill your business needs. They also help you build a long-lasting impression while seeking out long-term solutions for expanding your business.
How can business credit cards benefit your business?
- Manage employee spending
- Build business credit
- Separate personal and business expenses
- Earn rewards on everyday expenses
Best business credit card for travel
The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Cards offer high rewards and amazing travel perks which make up for its $95 annual fee.
The credit card currently offers a welcome bonus of 80,000 ultimate rewards points if you spend $5k in the first 3 months of membership.
Benefits of Chase Ink business credit cards:
- 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone services, and online advertising
- 1 point per $1 on other purchases
- $0 for additional employee cards and foreign transactions
- The point value also increases to 1.25 when points are redeemed for travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Though the card offers a 0% introductory APR for a balance transfer or purchase, pay attention to the variable APR of 18.24% - 23.24%.
Best business credit card for owners with fair credit
What is a credit score?
Credit scores are often used by banks or lenders to weigh whether they should issue your business a credit card, a mortgage or a loan. A credit score can affect credit rewards, interest rates, and down payments.
You can measure your credit score using a FICO score ranging between 300-850. A fair credit score falls between 580-669.
Credit score300-579580-669670- 739740-799800-850RatingVery poorFairGoodVery goodExceptional
Most businesses may not have a good credit score. As a result, they may not be able to apply for business credit cards of their choice but instead, apply for credit building cards which allow people with a low credit score or little to no credit history to get credit access. If in fact you have less than the desired credit score, Capital One Spark Classic for Business is also a good choice for you.
Benefits of Capital One Spark Classic business credit cards:
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- 1% cashback on all purchases with no caps
- The card comes with a variable APR of 25.24% and could go as high as 31.65%; if you delay payments.
- This business credit card is great if you do not carry a balance and want to improve your credit score.
- A good credit score opens an opportunity to graduate to higher reward programs at lower interest rates.
Best business credit card at 0% introductory APR
What is APR?
The Annual Percentage Rate or APR is a term you’ll usually hear when applying for a credit card. APR is the charges that your bank or lender charges for the money you borrow.
0% APR means no interest will be charged on the borrowed money.
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite MasterCard qualifies as one of the best business credit cards for a 0% introductory APR. For new business owners and entrepreneurs who want financial freedom, this may be the card for you!
The card offers introductory rewards of $500 cashback on spending $4500 within the first 150 days.
Benefits of U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard® business credit cards:
- Free financing for the first 15 billing cycles on spending and transfers
- 3% cashback on gas, office supplies, and phone/network providers
- 1% cashback on all other purchases
- 25% annual bonus up to $250
- No annual and employee fee
- No expiration on cashbacks and rewards
- The card offers one of the most extended no-interest periods on balance transfers and purchases.
- After the introductory APR has expired the variable APR of the card is 14.24%-25.24%.
Best business credit card for cashback
What are cashback business credit cards?
Cashback business credit cards are among one of the most popular reward cards. They allow the cardholder to earn rewards while making a purchase.
Most cashback cards pay around 1%-2% cashback, with some pay as high as 5%.
For example, if you hold a flat-rate 2% cashback card and spend, $1,000 for a statement period (say one month.) At the end of the month, you would have earned $20 cashback.
The American Express Blue business credit cards are one of the best business credit cards that allow you to make larger purchases while earning cashbacks. These cards are particularly helpful as they help you make purchases above your credit limit.
Benefits of American Express Blue business credit cards:
- 2% cashback on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per year, then 1%
- Cashback automatically credited
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
- The introductory APR takes away a massive chunk of worry for the first year of your business.
- Keep in mind that the variable APR of the card is currently 14.99% - 20.99%. This is applicable after the 12 months period.
Choosing business credit cards for your business
The best business credit cards allow budding start-ups and small businesses to keep more money for their business. They offer lower APRs and rewards that help them save money and aim for scale.
A higher credit score means you qualify for higher rewards. Remember that maintaining your business credit score can help you with future business expansion. This means consistently paying on time and not carrying a balance.
If you’re worried about keeping track of receipts, expenses, and transactions, set up your credit card with an expense management software. This will simplify and automate your workflow process and more.
An expense management software will also help you to track and monitor employee expenses, match expenses, and reduce administrative effort. While you are at it, we suggest you also look out for an expense management software that can cater to all your business needs.
Fyle does much more than just streamlining your business processes. Schedule a demo today and witness Fyle’s magic!